Thursday 18 February 2010

‘9 out of 10 climbers’, seven weeks on…

My book has been out for nearly a couple of months now. Thanks to everyone who emailed me to tell me about your experiences with it. I’m glad it seems to have had such a big effect on a lot of people. You’ve certainly inspired me to keep going with my next one, for which I’ve been worming through a large pile of research material for.
There are some reviews of 9 out of 10 climbers starting to pop up here and there, and you might start seeing it appear in the odd climbing shop too now. But I liked the fact that so many of you were psyched to get hold of it direct from my shop. Thank you everyone. Here are a couple of the reviews:
UKC users thoughts here and here
What seems to have resonated with folk is the straightforwardness of putting the various components of climbing performance in their proper perspective. That’s exactly what I set out to do, so I feel happy overall with the message of the book. My goal was to tell the stories of how the hugely important factors end up at the mercy of the relatively unimportant details. Quite apart from the potential effects on your climbing, I find the mechanics of how this occurs an interesting story to tell in it’s own right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment