Monday 28 August 2006

A few days on Lewis

The consequences of a still morning at the Slig on Skye - midge death
Claire and the Aird Feinis boulder
Claire on a new 4c SS
Claire getting psyched
A little training to finish off
An awesome roof problem at Port Nis - Font 6b+
A big prow thing at Port Nis - scary Font 5
Here are some photos from Lewis. I didn't climb much but had a quick play at the Aird Feinis boulder (I'll post up a topo later on) and a couple of quick problems at Nis. Hmm after 6 visits to Lewis and Harris I've done a lot of good climbing there and starting to feel I've done a lot of what I'd like to do on the sea cliffs. Gneiss is sooo good I only wish there were more walls like Dalbeg, Screaming Geo, and Sheigra. Next time I visit the island I suspect it will be for the mountain crags again. I met up with Niall for a days climbing but with the crags wet we opted for exploring geos and some highly dynamic scrambling to escape the Fulmar projectile vomit.
Thanks Frin for putting us up!

No comments:

Post a Comment